Friday, November 03, 2006

Day One: This is an Obvious Sign of Masochism

National Novel Writing Month sounded like a fun, if terribly useless, thing to do in November.

The Goal: write 50,000 words by midnight on November 30th.

At lunch today, I came up with a few possible plot ideas:

1. ninjas and pirates are stranded together on a deserted island and must battle for ultimate supremacy
2. a government conspiracy and corporate greed combine to create an epidemic of flesh-eating zombies in a small Midwestern town
3. a dysfunctional sideshow family goes on a road trip to try and piece together the clues to the will of their dead grandfather, an eccentric and obsessive collector of freak show memorabilia
4. the United States invades Canada
5. a terribly ghastly murder is committed in a large mansion where a large number of detectives and suspects are staying. Unfortunately, the detectives just keep fucking everything up
6. the world's worst romance novel


I think I've decided to go with #5, although #6 certainly sounds like a strong contender for next year!

Comments:
I just love you. Good luck with this.
 
hee hee! thank you :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?